Monday, October 29, 2012

LG Life is good

Life is good right now. But life is also hard and trying at times. It has been a rough couple of weeks with the boys taking turns being sick and then Syb and I taking turns being sick... We are trying to figure out how to get both the boys to sleep all the way through the night because when one wakes up the other one does shortly after. It didn't used to be like this. They both slept so good through the night. So that's one thing we are working on. It is so fun having two boys especially when I see how they are so much like what my brother and I were like. It is so fun to see them play and fight and love on each other. It brings me so much joy. What I am thankful for is the stage that they are in right now. Rather than wishing they were older so that they could understand things better or be able to behave better, I am thankful for how they are and the way that they act now. Because in 10 years when they are 13 and 11 I am going to wish that they were running or crawling all over the place and wanting to play with me every minute of everyday. I know that when the time comes that I will miss that. But it isn't something that I am going to wish away at this stage of their life. It's busy and crazy but I wouldn't want it any other way. When I think that I need a break for a bit I will come down to our office or go to the church for a bit and work on some things. Then give me a couple of hours and I'm missing them. People have said that they wish that they could freeze their kids at a certain age and from what I've been told that age is anywhere between 9-11. But give me a 3 and 1 year old any day. I love my family with all that I am and my goal right now in life is to be a better husband to my beautiful wife of 5 and 1/2 years and to be a better father to my two incredible boys. When I have succeeded at that I have succeeded in everything. 

Eric

No comments: