Monday, May 5, 2008

exhausted but unable to fall asleep

so I am laying in bed watching Eric sleep, not that he is home yet, but on the computer. We were i-chatting and had this great idea to sleep with the computer so if I wake up in the night I can see his face. He can't see mine because I do not have a camera but I can see his, and believe me he is sleeping peacefully. me on the other hand. I just keep tossing and turning. I debated on hiking up two flights of steep stairs to work on my scrapbook,  taking Eric of course all the way up, but decided by the time I was up there I would be ready for bed. so here I am laying in bed just thinking about the things I need to get done tomorrow. soup kitchen at 10, El Comal after that, permission slips for 30 hour famine, and the list goes on, it does not seem like much but as I think of one thing I begin to think of the hundreds of other things I need to be getting done. it always seems to work that way. 
I think I have not been sleeping well because our old house creaks so much, and with Eric gone it just makes me nervous. It never use to bother me but the noises seem worse now that he is gone. But he will be home soon, and on those lines please keep praying for his family, what a strange time, it is so hard seeing a loved one die and even harder I think when you know it would be better for them to die. Please just keep them all in your prayers, also my grandfather has been in the hospital the last week, he went in on his birthday :( what a gift, eh?  But just pray for strength and for Grandma as she prepares to  take care of him again at home. this week it just seems like it absolutely stinks to get old. 
It is also so hard to be so far away from the US lately, this past month especially for me. Allyssa and Maddy both had birthdays. I think Birthdays are the worst. especially little girls birthdays, I just miss being able to spend time with them anytime i want. Good friends are hard to find, well that is not true it just takes time and sometimes I get tired of waiting. and now with our grandparents both being sick it sure makes me think of all the times I was a five minute car ride away and did not visit. 
But I know the Lord is blessing our time here. Him and I just wrestle about it somedays.  But I better close my eyes and try to fall asleep. Night

1 comment:

Cara said...

I totally understand the not sleeping because your husband's gone...I always have to stay with my mom or someone when Carl's away...I can't stay alone for even a night. You are much stronger than I! Love your blog...we'll be praying for your grandparents and for you all as you wait for friends.